Store, Circa 1904
Build in 1904 by John
Fenstermacher, Wellington C. Strause bought the building in 1928.
His son, Albright Strause began working for his father in 1933 and
assumed the business in 1945. Wellington began the practice of
having a children's party on Thanksgiving Day to signal the arrival
of Santa Clause. Santa arrived in a variety of vehicles from a
Butcher Wagon to a helicopter, airplane, antique car or sleigh. Each
child and parents received a gift. Although the parties are no
longer held, Strause's Store still operates and has a steady stream
of school children who stop for candy and sodas.