School, Late 1890's
the site of a two story school building in which the teacher resided
on the second floor. It is believed the school was inspired by St.
Paul's Union Church. The original building was abandoned when a new
one room brick building was constructed on the Stitzel farm in the
late 1890's. The school was utilized by the children living on the
outer edges of the town and continued to be used until a new
elementary school was constructed on the site in 1958.