Christian Slegel (Schlegel) Farm House
Built in 1797
The house was built in
1797 after Johanis acquired the farm land from the sons of William
Penn in 1737. The Schlegel family has occupied the house since it
was built. The size of the farm has diminished from the original 600
acres to 110. In addition to the house and outbuildings, the land
also had a grist mill, one room school house and a family cemetery.